CLAY Therapeutic Services offers a variety of counseling services, behavioral management, and addiction services. Our versatile therapists are committed to the growth of you, our client, and use various approaches, including psychotherapy to meet your goals. We serve a variety of clients including children, adolescents, individuals, families, and couples and address a broad range of issues including:
- Addiction and chemical dependency
- Sex therapy and education
- Parenting support and skills
- Family therapy
- Grief and loss
- Divorce and separation
- Performance issues
- Marriage Issues
- Stress and anger management
- Women’s Issues
- Anxiety and depression
- Mood Issues
- Eating disorders
- Workplace Stress
- Sexual dysfunction
- Sexual identity
Sometimes life can put you in a situation where you may feel alone, anxious, stressed, or depressed.
At this point, you may find yourself in a conflict with others and even have trouble communicating your feelings or talking to others. This is when you should consider psychotherapy & counseling services.
Seeking psychotherapy or counseling may be controversial, but it shouldn’t be. Did you know that 1 in 4 Americans struggle with mental health disorders? And practically every adult in the US has a friend or family member with a mental disorder.
So, if you need psychotherapy, you must get in touch with a therapist immediately without thinking twice or what others will think. This approach is perhaps best for getting your life back on track. It is proven effective for people of all ages, from children to adults and the elderly. Studies show that the average patient receiving psychotherapy is better off than 79 percent of the people who don’t seek therapy. Read on to develop a better understanding of psychotherapy and counseling services.
How Is Psychotherapy Different from Counseling?
As both techniques use psychological methods for helping patients with emotional and mental disorders, these terms are often used interchangeably. However, there is a difference between the two. Counseling focuses on problem-solving. It is primarily designed to help a patient address a specific problem such as stress management or addiction. Moreover, counseling is short-term.
On the other hand, psychotherapy is long-term. Its focus is on a wider range of problems. The goal of psychotherapy is to help individuals feel empowered and better by equipping them with skills to:
- Better manage their stress levels
- Understand behavioral patterns that may otherwise interfere with them achieving personal goals
- Ensure more satisfying and strong relationships
- Better regulate their emotional and thinking responses
- Better manage symptoms of an illness and follow medical recommendations
Reasons to Seek a Therapist
When you’re dealing with a mental disorder, time is of the essence. You shouldn’t wait to seek a therapist for help. It’s important to seek help immediately to get your life back on track before the worst happens. Some of the many reasons you should meet a therapist include:
- You’re feeling helpless or sad. This is a surefire sign of depression and must be addressed before the problem gets out of control.
- Your friends or family’s advice isn’t adequate to help you bounce back and resume normal living.
- You rely on unhealthy coping mechanisms to manage pain and loss and overcome trauma like alcohol or drug abuse.
- You are in emotional distress because of a divorce or job loss
- You can’t communicate your miseries to your family and need someone to talk to
- You feel you’re losing control of your life
In such a situation, it is best to seek therapy. A therapist can help you navigate through life challenges with care and compassion. They can provide you with psychotherapy and counseling services needed to understand and better manage your mental well-being to enjoy quality living and regain the lost control of your life. Contact us to schedule a consultation with our experienced therapist.
The CLAY Experience and Counseling Services
Our experienced therapists are passionate about helping their clients with counseling services in Illinois. They focus on each client’s unique personality and goals to help them grow and understand themselves better. We also understand that your time is valuable, so we offer convenient evening and Saturday appointments to fit your busy lifestyle.